Thursday, July 22, 2021

Called to be holy

Reading: Proverbs 14-15 and 1 Peter 1

 

Scripture: 1 Peter 1:16-17, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one’s deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile,

 

Thoughts: Not sure what this stuck out to me today, but I had just seen a couple of ladies bashing on a popular conservative commentator about his stance on transgender issues. No matter where you land on the issues around LGBTQ issues God is the only one who can judge. We are called to be holy as he his holy. Holiness is not beating people down for having different views and beliefs. The Word has very direct things said about things like this, but we are all sinners and have the opportunity for forgiveness through Christ Jesus. We are to love them and it is the job of the Holy Sprit to change them. I may not agree with you but I love you as God loves you. 

 

Prayer: Father God, you are the maker of all things, we are caked to be holy as you are holy. I lay my life before you, take it and mold it and refine it into the vessel that you need it to be. Help me to love as you love, to see the person and not the sin. Open my heart to hear the steps you have for me, lead me and guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment