Monday, July 12, 2021

The conscience of the worshiper

Reading: 1 Kings 8, 2 Chronicles 5, and Hebrews 9

Scripture: Hebrews 9:8-9, “By this the Holy Spirit indicates that the way into the holy places is not yet opened as long as the first section is still standing (which is symbolic for the present age). According to this arrangement, gifts and sacrifices are offered that cannot perfect the conscience of the worshiper,

Thoughts: As important as works and signs can be, we can get hung up on them. Just as the Jews of the time were so focused on the traditions and laws that were allowing access to God through the high priests. These things were not changing their hearts, Christ came, and his sacrifice opened the door for us to receive Holy Spirit into our lives and He is the one that works within us to perfect our conscience. Without Holy Spirit in our live perfecting our conscience we would continue to look to the things that feel good instead of the true things of God and are far greater. 

Prayer: Lord, you are above all things, your ways are higher than our ways, you knew me before is was born, you formed me in my mothers womb. I thank you for your Holy Spirit in my life, the conscience that he brings. Lord I thank you for the work you have been doing in my life and that is continuing to be done to help mold me and refine me into that man you call me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment