Saturday, July 3, 2021

It cost me nothing.

Reading: 2 Samuel 23-24, 1 Chronicles 21, and Philemon

Scripture: 1 Chronicles 21:24, But King David said to Ornan, “No, but I will buy them for the full price. I will not take for the Lord what is yours, nor offer burnt offerings that cost me nothing.”

Thoughts: Almost everyone has regifted something, and not just in the acceptable way of the white elephant game. Or those times where we sneak credit for something we did not bring. David was offered everything he was going to buy but he had the conviction that he could not give God the sacrifice asked of him without it costing him. Are we giving to God that witch cost us nothing, giving God our leftovers, or are we giving him our first and trusting him to bless the rest? Let us not give gifts that cost us nothing. 

Prayer: Father God, you own the cattle on a thousand hills, you created all things and all I have his yours. You are the one who provides all me needs and even wants. I deny you nothing, I am yours to mold and refine as needed. I pour my life out before you, here I am send me, use me as you need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment