Sunday, July 18, 2021

Forgetting what we look like.

Reading: Proverbs 3-4 and James 1

Scripture: James 1:23-24, For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.

Thoughts: As I read this again, even for those who are in the Word everyday diving into the Greek and the Hebrew, gaining more information and understanding of what the Word says I must ask, “Where is the fruit?” James is saying that if we are not making the word and its teachings apart of our daily lives and doing the dos, instead of just avoiding the don’ts, then what good is it. Each of our calls to serve may look different but we all have the do of spreading the Gospel to all nations. 

Prayer: Lord God, your creation shouts your glory, your love shines in this fallen world. Your mercy and grace overwhelms me and tells me of your love. I thank you that you have given us your word and that you are leading and guiding us. I thank you for your molding and refining that you are working in my life. Help me to walk in your plans and your love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment