Thursday, July 8, 2021

It is not about you!!

Reading: 1 Kings 3, 2 Chronicles 1, Psalm 72, Hebrews 5, and Luke 4

Scripture: Hebrews 5:4, And no one takes this honor for himself, but only when called by God, just as Aaron was.

Thoughts: The letter to the Hebrews was written to the Jews heard the gospel but did not fully understand some of whom Jesus was and linking Jesus to Messiah. As I read this passage this morning, I was reminded of some of the things I felt God had called me to. We all have a unique calling, some it is spreading God’s love in the workforce, some are called to start businesses or create something that will glorify God, some may be called to teach and others to write. If you are floating through life and don’t know your calling, take time to pray and talk to those who know you best. Once you know your calling your walk in it will have adversity because the evil one does not want you to have an impact on this world for God. Seek your calling and walk it out, it is not about you but about what God wants to do through you. 

Prayer: Father God, Take my life it is yours, you formed me in my mothers womb and know the hairs on my head. As in Isaiah’s vision where he said “Here am I, Send me” I bow before you and seek the next step in this calling you have given me, I ask that my eyes and ears be opened to the next step that I may walk in it give you the glory you deserve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment