Friday, February 5, 2021

You are not giving me anything!

Reading: Genesis 29-30, Acts 12, and Matthew 6

Scripture: Genesis 30:31, He said, “What shall I give you?” Jacob said, “You shall not give me anything. If you will do this for me, I will again pasture your flock and keep it:

Thoughts: I have spent most of my life reliant upon myself and my family for my needs, it took a long time and being in a situation where I got to watch God multiply our money so that bills could be paid. There were times where we could not see a way to pay our mortgage and yet over the course of 2020 when so many lost their jobs, we have always paid our bills. When Laban asked what am I giving you as wadges Jacob replied you are not giving me anything. Everything is Gods and he will move the wealth around to where it is needed and to make sure his people are taken care of. Are you reliant upon your own abilities to get what you need or do you see that God gave you your abilities and opportunities to receive the provisions he has for you, and are you stewarding it well?  

Prayer: Father you own everything, you created everything, and will distribute it where needed. I thank you for the refining and molding you are doing in my life, the burning off of what is not desirable in my life, I thank you for all you are doing in me. I thank you for my family and the joy and trails they bring. I thank you for the things at are always pointing me back to you. I thank you for the provisions in my life and the opportunity to steward a portion of your wealth. I ask that you help me to trust in you more fully with where my provisions will come from and that you have something for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment