Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Beauty that lasts!!!

Reading: Genesis 25-26 and Acts 10

Scripture: Genesis 26:7, When the men of the place asked him about his wife, he said, “She is my sister,” for he feared to say, “My wife,” thinking, “lest the men of the place should kill me because of Rebekah,” because she was attractive in appearance.

Thoughts: As I was reading this My first thoughts went to how Abraham did the same thing but then my mind went to how vain culture has become so many people both men and women will not age with grace. As we age our bodies stop looking the way they did in earlier years. When Isaac and Rebekah got married it says that Isaac was 40 and is now 60. Not knowing exactly how old Rebekah was, she was still 20 years older. After that time had passed Isaac still saw her as beautiful and attractive, in a disposable culture even marriage and relationships are thrown away with no fault divorces. Fearing for his life because of her beauty. No matter if you have been together for 1 year or 100 as men, we need to see our wives as beautiful enough that someone will try to take them from us because they are. If we do not treat our wives with the love and honor due to them as your wife and as a daughter of the one true King then someone could take them away. 

Prayer: Father God you are the one who created marriage, you have created all things and lead us in all things. I thank you for my wife, I thank you for the joy and struggles that come with this relationship and partnership that you ordained. I thank you for the work you are doing in my life, the molding and refining of my character and attitude. I thank you for the trials in my life that lead me beck to you. I thank you for my family and the opportunity I have, to show them you though who I am and who I am becoming. I thank you for the ability to steward some of your wealth. I ask for help showing my wife the love and honor she deserves as your daughter and my wife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment