Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Division verses wisdom

Reading: Exodus 14-15, Romans 3, and Matthew 23

Scripture: Romans 3:14-18, “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.” “Their feet are swift to shed blood; in their paths are ruin and misery, and the way of peace they have not known.” “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Thoughts: As I have been inundated by politics over the course of the last year, I became aware of the widening divide that is developing around me. This divide is not just in politics but trickles down into churches and families. It is not the difference of opinion that is the issue, that is one of the things that causes people to investigate things, educate themselves and when we come together grow. What is happening is just as Paul was talking about in Romans 3 people, from the top down, are coming together with swards drawn and most of the time without truly knowing and understanding either side of the debate. When we come to attack and fight instead of learning from one another we create a world where division is the goal even when our words say “unite.”  Are our mouths full of venom or love, are we quick to attack, do we fear God more than what man can do to us?

Prayer: Father you are the beginning and the end, you created all things, and there is nothing you do not see. I thank you for sending your Son to pay the price for our sins and I thank you for you Holy Spirit who lives in my leading me and guiding me. I ask that you help us to walk in your love and grown in your wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment