Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Sayings of our Children

Reading: Genesis 37-38, Acts 17, Matthew 11

Scripture: Genesis 37:11, And his brothers were jealous of him, but his father kept the saying in mind.

Thoughts: Having a four and six year old there is not much that they say that I feel that needs to be remembered. I do not know maybe yours has more profound things to say than mine, but also as a father there are those things whether as profound as Joseph having dreams where he was going to be lord over his family and God giving him a glimpse into his plan or if its one of those wonderful moments where you children say something that melts your hart and shows that they are starting to know God. Israel tucked this little nugget away in his mind. In this world that is going at the speed of light in comparison to the time of Israel and Joseph, are we taking the time to listen to God and to experience God with our children? Are we having experiences with our children where we see their growth with God or is the world raising them as we busy ourselves with other things? 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wondrous, you know the hairs on my head and the deepest recesses of my heart. You know where my children are, and I ask that you encounter them and help me to teach them what it means to walk with you. I thank you for all you are doing in my life the growth, the molding, and the refining. Lead me in your ways oh Lord. I thank you for those who continually point me to you. I thank you for your provisions and ask that you help me to steward it well. Help me to remember the saying of my children and may they walk with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment