Saturday, February 27, 2021

Clinging to dust bunnies!!!

Reading: Exodus 20, Psalm 119:1-48, Romans 6, and Matthew 26

Scripture: Psalm 119:25-26, My soul clings to the dust; give me life according to your word! When I told of my ways, you answered me; teach me your statutes!

Thoughts: This passage resonated with me today, I am preparing for a surgery in the near future. The doctors asked me to go onto a special diet for a minimum of two weeks before. When waiting for the scheduling department to contact us. To keep open as many options as possible I am starting this diet today. So, the idea of my soil clinging to the dust is very real to me as I start this journey. My family and I went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants as the last hurrah before starting this. I am clinging to the dust of food, this time of sacrifice will result in the blessings of the surgery the restoration of my body. What are we holding onto in our spiritual life that we need to let go and seek the life-giving word of God in, and what statures are we needing to be taught or in many cases retaught? 

Prayer: Father, you are so wonderful, you know the hairs on my head and the state of my body, and you guide the hands and minds of the doctors of this world. I ask that you help us to release the dust of this world and cling to your word and lean on your statutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment