Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Worship Always

Reading: Genesis 36, Acts 16, and Matthew 10

Scripture: Acts 16:25-26, About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them, and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone’s bonds were unfastened.

Thoughts: David in the Psalms would cry out to God for forgiveness, strength, and hope. Now as the temple the Holy Spirit resides in us giving us the strength and hope and we have the forgiveness being covered by the sacrifice of Jesus. When we learn to walk in the power that is given to us by the Holy Spirit living in us we will have the strength to praise him through any storm, any trial, and self-doubt that we may have. I know that my self-worth would fall right into the toilet if I had been out into prison, when we focus on who we belong to and that they have a plan for us it is less difficult to endure the persecution and trials that we are walking through. Open your heart and worship and praise God through the storm, its not about just getting through the storm but how we get through the storm. 

Prayer: Lord you are the overcomer, you give us the strength to overcome all things in your name. Not by might nor by power but by your spirit can we overcome. I thank you for all you are doing in my life and in the life of my family. I thank you that you are refining us. I ask for your wisdom and guidance as we walk through and navigate the exploration of attitude and emotions with our children and grow in your love and show your heart. I thank you for those who continually point me back to you. I thank you for your provisions and the opportunity to steward some of your great wealth, I ask that you help me to steward it better and prepare me for the next stage of what you have for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment