Monday, February 8, 2021

Led astray

Reading: Genesis 34-35, Acts 15, and Matthew 9

Scripture: Acts 15:24, Since we have heard that some persons have gone out from us and troubled you with words, unsettling your minds, although we gave them no instructions,

Thoughts: With so many voices streaming into our lives every day it is easy to let a voice that does not belong there to take root or to get us off track. The devil will not try to get you to do a complete 180 to follow him but like when you place a magnet near a compass and it no longer points due north it points a little off. That is what happened with these people, they were believers and trying to follow Jesus, but they were being told that on top of believing they also had to do all the things they themselves could not live up to. In today’s society there is less call to follow more regulations but a push to let everyone do and think as they wish to the point of abandoning our convictions to teach to Word of God. Seek God first.

Prayer: Father God, your ways are higher than our ways your thoughts are higher than our thoughts, you are in control even when it looks like the world is crashing down. I thank you that you are in control and that you are leading and guiding me. I thank you for saving me and showing me your grace and mercy. I thank you for all you are going in my life. I ask that you help me to seek you first in my life and to have the wisdom and discernment to see when someone is leading me astray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment