Monday, February 15, 2021

Commandments of men

Reading: Genesis 46-47, Acts 22, and Matthew 15

Scripture: Matthew 15:8-9, This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.

Thoughts: As I read this passage today, the question came to mind, how many of us out there are only following the commandments of men and honoring God with our lips. We are need to dive into the word and read it every day using discernment given to us by Holy Spirit, and let God speak to us through his word and not just take everything we hear as truth. Yes, we all have sinned and fallen and only by the blood of Christ are we forgiven, and that is why sometime the evil one will get into people harts and minds and lead them astray. If those who are lead astray are leaders then many more will be lead astray and start following the commands of men. 

Prayer: Father God I thank you for all you are doing in our lives. I ask that you lead and guide, give us insight into your word and give us your discernment to know when someone is leading us astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment