Thursday, February 18, 2021

Forgiving from the heart.

Reading: Exodus 2-3, Acts 25, and Matthew 18

Scripture: Matthew 32-35, Then his master summoned him and said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. And should not you have had mercy on your fellow servant, as I had mercy on you?’ And in anger his master delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay all his debt. So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.

Thoughts: As I was reading this morning, this parable and mostly the end, reminded me of my children. At 4 and 6 they are constantly hurting each other and causing havoc in the house as kids that age do. We are trying to teach them that is ok to play and even play rough but we also need to love well and forgive and ask for forgiveness. Most of the time when they apologize for something you know there is no heart behind it. Just like the servant who went after the other after being forgiven. In our forgiveness and in our seeking for forgiveness where is our heart? Especially in today’s cancel culture people are quick to ask forgiveness and renounce what ever was called out, but are they truly repentant, are they truly guilty for what they are being blamed for. Being that we are in the age where almost everything you do lives on in the internet in some way shape or form, something from 20-30 years ago that meant nothing at the time is now being found again and brought out as something that is against todays standards. We need to forgive as we have been forgiven. Through Christ all our sins have been forgiven as have been washed clean, we need to do the same for others. I am not saying to forget and let things continue to happen to you but we need to forgive, and release any bitterness that has built up in our hearts. 

Prayer: Father, it is all yours, our hurt, our pain, our forgiveness. I release the bitterness I have and forgive those who have hurt me and ask your blessings upon them. I ask that you lead me to those I need to seek forgiveness from. Help us to forgive as you forgive and repent from the things we have done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment