Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Remember, Remember....

Reading: Exodus 12-13 and Romans 2

Scripture: Exodus 13:8-9, You shall tell your son on that day, ‘It is because of what the Lord did for me when I came out of Egypt.’ And it shall be to you as a sign on your hand and as a memorial between your eyes, that the law of the Lord may be in your mouth. For with a strong hand the Lord has brought you out of Egypt.

Thoughts: I feel like I have this horrible ability to forget the good and remember the bad. Remembering the joy of holding my babies for the first time is harder to recall than the torment of the loss of my twins before I even got to meet them. God as he was putting in place the Passover Feast told them not to forget, use this yearly reminder of what he did for them to keep fresh the history and blessings that God did and is still doing. We are all called to remember what God has done for us. What narrative are we sharing and writing on our hearts as well as the hearts of our children? God is always working to bring good out of every situation, are we focusing on Him and what he is doing or just on the pain of the trial that we are in? 

Prayer: Father, you are so good, your ways are higher than our ways. I thank you that you do take what the enemy has meant for evil and you lead us closer to you if we follow. I ask that you help us to recognize when your hand moves and remember your faithfulness in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment