Thursday, February 4, 2021

Blessed again???

Reading: Genesis 27-28, Acts 11, and Matthew 5

Scripture: Genesis 28:1, Then Isaac called Jacob and blessed him and directed him, “You must not take a wife from the Canaanite women.

Thoughts: After reading where Rebekah was told that the older of her twins would serve the younger. We come to where she has Jacob deceive Isaac ensuring that not only Jacob got the birthright but the blessings of the eldest. What I find interesting is that after all the deception and trickery that had happened Isaac called Jacob in for another blessings and instructions. Maybe it was a blessing on the journey and task to find a wife, but it still felt odd that after all that and his brother breathing threats and murder that there was another blessing. I do know that even though we fail, and sin God still wants to bless us, he pursues us and calls us to return to him. Seek God in all you do and when we fall God will hep us to get back up and strive for him again. 

Prayer: Father God, you great mercies pour from heaven, I accept them and strive to walk in them. I thank you that you do not give me what a deserve but see your Son and the cleansing he did for us. I thank you for the work you are doing in me, the molding and refining of my heart and mind. I thank you for my family and the people you have placed in my life, those who point me to you and call me to dive deeper into you. I thank you for the opportunity to steward your wealth. I ask that you help me to steward well and seek you in all that I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment