Sunday, February 7, 2021

Be an influencer!!!

Reading: Genesis 32-33, Acts 14, and Matthew 8

Scripture: Acts 14:12-13, Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, because he was the chief speaker. And the priest of Zeus, whose temple was at the entrance to the city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates and wanted to offer sacrifice with the crowds.

Thoughts: We live in a world where being rich and famous is one of the highest priorities in many peoples lives. This is evident that in 2019 I heard of many school ages kids wanted to be influencers and YouTube famous thinking that fame and money would come easy to them. Paul and Barnabas were great influencers of the time spreading the gospel across the known world. The Lycaonians tried to worship them as gods if we look at how many people look at celebrities today it is like worship and placing this as gods in our lives. Are we looking for fame and money or are we trying to influence the world for God and share the Gospel every where we go? 

Prayer: Father God, you are high above all things, above all people, above all desires, and I long to worship at your feet and reside in your presence. Your wonders abound over all the earth and amaze me every day. I thank you for saving me and bringing me into your family and growing me every day. I thank you for the refining and molding you are doing in me. I thank you for my family both biological and adopted church family and the joy and trials that come with doing life together. I thank you for your provisions and the ability and opportunity to steward your great wealth. I ask that you help me to be an influencer of the world with the Gospel and not for fame and riches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment