Tuesday, February 2, 2021

How to you breath???

Reading: Genesis 24, Acts 9, and Matthew 4

Scripture: Acts 9:1, But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest

Thoughts: When reading this the thing that stood out was the fraise breathing threats and murder. Jesus taught that even to hate in our hearts is equated to murder. Lately the divide between political parties and those of differing opinions has be come so large that it seems that there is hate and threats from every direction.  Where God created a world of diversity that are all equal all have the same rights and value. These groups who have divided themselves have created an atmosphere of hate, threats, and murder as the attack the other side. Are we being part of the problem and being like Saul breathing threats and murder?

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful, despite the differences you created you see us all as sons and daughters. I thank you for sending your Son to bring us into that relationship with you. I thank you that you are constantly refining and molding me into man I need to be. I thank you for helping me to release my anger properly and not to sin in that anger. I thank you that you are always keeping people around me to point me to you. I thank you for my family, I thank you for the people in my life. I thank you for the ability to steward your wealth. I ask that you help me to see how you see and not breath the threats and murder that world seems to call for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment