Sunday, February 28, 2021

Pierced to serve

Reading: Exodus 21, Psalm 119:49-96, and Romans 7

Scripture: Exodus 21:5-6, But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever.

Thoughts: I have had my ear pierced for about 25 years; I have never really thought about what the Bible said about it. With the difference in cultures and about 2 thousand years change, what could the Bible say about this? As I was reading this morning the passage about a slave choosing to remain in the service of his master after seven years and getting his ear pierced stuck out. Even though this is not common practice here in the USA and not anything I thought about when I got my ear pierced. I was thinking that as I have Chosen to serve God, and Christ was pierced for my transgressions, how much pain and discomfort are we willing to endure for the Gospel? I am a servant of God and He adopted me as His son. 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful. You take care of all our needs and lead us to walk in your ways. I thank you for your Son and adopting us through the gift if His death and resurrection. I ask that you help me to walk in your statutes and seek your glory. I ask that you help me walk in your service forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment