Sunday, February 21, 2021

Speaking through failure and pride

Reading: Exodus 6-7, Acts 27, and Matthew 20

Scripture: Acts 27:21-22, Since they had been without food for a long time, Paul stood up among them and said, “Men, you should have listened to me and not have set sail from Crete and incurred this injury and loss. Yet now I urge you to take heart, for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship.

Thoughts: There are so many things that remind me that the Word, this collection of 66 books that are a collection of history, prophecy, and poetry, not only works together to show the sovereignty of God but the humanity of those in that time. David was recorded as committing murder and adultery. Paul was a murderer and here as they are preparing for the ship to wreck Paul pulls out the “I told you so” card, at other places it talks about one apostle outrunning another. These little things that bring the humanity into the Word makes it so much more alive and true to me, God speaks not only through our success, but also our failure and pride. 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you for your Word, I thank you that you inspired them to write. I thank you that the truth, the Good, the bad and the ugly are all there and you used them all got your glory and to point to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment