Sunday, October 17, 2021

Wild vines and soup

Reading: Jeremiah 1-2 and Acts 18

Scripture: Jeremiah 2:21-22, Yet I planted you a choice vine, wholly of pure seed. How then have you turned degenerate and become a wild vine? Though you wash yourself with lye and use much soap, the stain of your guilt is still before me, declares the Lord God.

Thoughts: I grew up in a Christian family, going to church, then as I got the freedom of getting out of my parent’s house, I found myself chasing after the things and pleasures that comes with that freedom. After two divorces and about twelve years of putting God on the furthest burner I could he called me again. I was planted in good soil and had every opportunity to be a choice vine, of pure seed. Instead of abiding in God and seeking him a ran after the fleeting joy of the here and now instead of the eternal Joy that God offers. As I started feeling that call back to God I tried washing myself but nothing but the true repentance and acceptance of what Jesus did for me was able to remove the chains and weights that I was carrying. I have seen so many people who grew up in the church and then become the wild vine producing the things of this world. Let us seek the Lord and allow his love to wash over us and call us to leave behind the things of this world. 

Prayer: Lord God, your peace and joy overwhelm me, you are calling us to seek you and walk with you. I thank you that you are calling and that you are leading. I thankyou that you hare molding and refining me into the man you have called. I ask that you help me to release the chains and weights I still hold onto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment