Tuesday, October 19, 2021

I will not pay attention.

Reading: Jeremiah 5-6 and Acts 20

Scripture: Jeremiah 6:17-19, I set watchmen over you, saying, ‘Pay attention to the sound of the trumpet!’ But they said, ‘We will not pay attention.’ Therefore hear, O nations, and know, O congregation, what will happen to them. Hear, O earth; behold, I am bringing disaster upon this people, the fruit of their devices, because they have not paid attention to my words; and as for my law, they have rejected it.

Thoughts: Jeremiah may have been writing to Israel and pay attention to what is going on, and that there will be disaster if they did not listen to God. We are similarly warned, our disaster may not be other nations coming to take us over, but we are in a spiritual war, we are fighting against the influence of the evil one who is coming at us every day though the influences of the world around us. The world makes all sorts of entertaining and interesting thing that may not be evil, but cause is to lose focus or take our eyes off what the Lord has called us to. When we are continually looking at the next shiny thing, we may miss the enemy lurking at the gate or some of the beauty that God as created for us. Let us be diligent and discerning on what we put our time to and seek God’s will. 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful, your creation shouts of your glory and the beauty of this world points to you. I thank you that you are calling us and guiding us. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us and that you are molding me and refining me into the man you need me to be. I ask that you help me to cut out distractions of this world and pour myself into your will for my life. Lead me and guide me in your plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment