Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Those well-meaning friends.

Reading: Jeremiah 7-8 and Acts 21

Scripture: Acts 21:13-14, Then Paul answered, “What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be imprisoned but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” And since he would not be persuaded, we ceased and said, “Let the will of the Lord be done.”

Thoughts: We all have had of still have that well-meaning friend that trying to convince you that you should not do something because it is dangerous or any other reason that applies to the situation. After this prophecy telling Paul that he was going to be bound and arrested, Paul told them in the words of Sponge Bob “I’m Ready” Paul knew God was doing something and that he was willing to walk it out to the point of death. My question to you is, who are you listening to? Are we letting the world tell us who we are and what we can or can’t do or are we standing on the promises of God found in his Word and walking boldly into the lion’s den that is before us because that is the way God pointed us? 

Prayer: Lord God, your plans and ways are sop much greater than mine, I thank you that you are leading and guiding me, I thank you that you are molding me and refining me that I can walk the path you have before me. Help me to overcome those who are trying to keep me from your plan. May the distractions of this world fade and the lamp that you give me light my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment