Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Focus...Can you hear?

Reading: 2 Kings 24, Jeremiah 22, Psalm 43, Acts 28, and 2 Corinthians 12

Scripture: Acts 28:26-27, Go to this people, and say, “You will indeed hear but never understand, and you will indeed see but never perceive.” For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed; lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.

Thoughts: We have been given the opportunity to see and hear clearly, we may have been healed to as it says at the end of the passage. Unfortunately, we all tend to want to pick our old chains, return to our old ways, in doing so again our eyes will dim and our ears will quiet. When we take time to be in God’s word every day, seeking to deepen and strengthen our relationship with God, our eyes are cleared our ears are restored and we develop a mind that can understand and perceive. Let us set aside the distractions and focus on the father above. 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful, your word is alive and active, sharper than any two edged sword. I thank you that your word cuts me to the core and opens my heart to the things of you. I thank you for your provisions and blessings in my life. I thank you for the molding and refining you are continuing to do in my life. I ask that you help me to walk in your ways and lead my family in seeking you all their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment