Thursday, October 14, 2021

Have you heard this...

Reading: 2 Kings 23, 2 Chronicles 35, and Acts 15

Scripture: 2 Kings 23:2, And the king went up to the house of the Lord, and with him all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem and the priests and the prophets, all the people, both small and great. And he read in their hearing all the words of the Book of the Covenant that had been found in the house of the Lord.

Thoughts: King Josiah after having the Scriptures brought to him when they were found and realizing what he had he took it to the temple and read it to all who would listen. We have the Word of God available to us at the tips of our fingers, yet do we pour over it, study it and seek the truths within, or have we let it sit on the shelf and collect dust until it is time to take it out again. Are we living out what we are reading and sharing the good news to all those around us? Let us be like King Josiah and share the word with those around us. 

Prayer: Father God, you are the creator of all things and the author of the victory. I thank you that you have called me, and you know me. I thank you for your forgiveness as I have fallen. I thank you that you are working in my life and that you are molding and refining me every day. I ask that you help me to stand for what you stand for, help me to walk the path you have for me and in the boldness that you have called me to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment