Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Where is my...

Reading: 2 Kings 22, 2 Chronicles 34, and Acts 14

Scripture: 2 Kings 22:8, And Hilkiah the high priest said to Shaphan the secretary, “I have found the Book of the Law in the house of the Lord.” And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan, and he read it.

Thoughts: How many of us only access to God’s word through an app on our phones or by searching it on the internet. There have been times in my life that I could not have told you where my Bible was. I have lost them and even had one stolen out of my car. There may be a day where things get so censored that the Word of God will be removed from the convenient places. Isaiah warns us say “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil” there is a time coming where Followers of Christ will be seen as evil and we are going to be blocked and tracked so keep us from sharing the Good News. We need to have the good news written on our heart and minds, it also would not heart having a physical copy of the Word of God that nobody can edit it or just make it disappear. When the book of the law was found one of the first things they did was to sit down and read it. Let us set aside time to read God’s word every day.

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful, you made all things and your glory shines about this place and speaks of your glory. I thank you that you have given us your word and the ability to abide in it and you. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you are pouring out on us and the molding and refining you are working in our lives. Help us to desire to be in your Word more and write it on our hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment