Thursday, October 21, 2021

Testing and refining.

Reading: Jeremiah 9-10, Psalm 100, Acts 22, and 2 Corinthians 6

Scripture: Jeremiah 9:7, Therefore thus says the Lord of hosts: “Behold, I will refine them and test them, for what else can I do, because of my people? 

Thoughts: As followers of Christ we have been adopted into His family and are God’s people. As his people we are called to a higher standard. The world only has the worlds rules and regulation to live by and there are those who can not even live up to that standard. Like gold and silver to get it pure it takes heat and time to bring the impurities to the surface to be removed. There are tests to determine how pure it is, and it can be determined what the impurities are there and can adjust how to continue with the refining. Jeremiah was telling Israel that they were going to be tested and refined, we need to be prepared for the same thing as God’s people he is calling us to be perfect and our entire life is a refining process that will end with us being raise into his perfection. In his refining in our life we will overcome things and become better reflections of God. 

Prayer: Father God you are the great refiner and the one who molds us. We that you that you use all things for the good of all who love you and you call yours. I thank you that you are leading and guiding me molding and refining me. I ask that you help me to walk out your calling and your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment