Sunday, October 31, 2021

October 28 Calling all shepherds!!!

Reading: Jeremiah 23 & 25 and Romans 1

Scripture: Jeremiah 23:1-2, “Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture!” declares the Lord. Therefore thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, concerning the shepherds who care for my people: “You have scattered my flock and have driven them away, and you have not attended to them. Behold, I will attend to you for your evil deeds, declares the Lord.”

Thoughts: As I was reading this passage, I thought about the different churches I have been to over the years, and they not just had different looks and feelings to them but there were also sight differences in teaching focuses. We all should be growing in our faith and sharing that faith with those in the world around us. As a parent I have a flock of 2 and my wife and I shepherd them the best we can. I also place these words into the world to help teach and open the eyes to God’s continual speaking through his Word. When I read this not only do I feel the burden of teaching and raising my children to know the father, but I also feel the burden to not lead any astray. I may not be a shepherd directly, but God will hold me accountable if I lead his sheep astray. What influence do you have in your life and are you using it to point to God and his glory? 

Prayer: Father God you are worthy of all praise and you are the creator of all things and give and take away authority in this world. I thank you that you are providing for all our needs and even bless us with things we did not dream. You are the way the truth and the life, I thank you that you are molding and refining me that I can be a pure vessel to glorify you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment