Friday, October 22, 2021

We are racing?

Reading: Jeremiah 11-12, Psalm 97, Acts 23, and 2 Corinthians 7

 

Scripture: Jeremiah 12:5, If you have raced with men on foot, and they have wearied you, how will you compete with horses? And if in a safe land you are so trusting, what will you do in the thicket of the Jordan?

 

Thoughts: Over the last few years the divide between the left and the right has been getting so massive that instead of living together and living the the knowledge that there are other with different views on things, we are almost at war. Paul says in 1 Corinthians 9:26-27 “So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.” Paul is reminding us to train and work ourselves to be ready for the race where Jeremiah is telling we are going to have greater trials and if we are struggling with these how are we to overcome the bigger things God has before us. 

 

Prayer: Father God, you are my strength and my shield, you glory shine and declares you majesty. I thank you that you are always leading and guiding me, you are preparing me for the trials that I’m not yet in. I thank you for the molding and refining, for the provisions and blessing you pour out on us and lead me in. I ask that you help me to not be wearied but the men that I may run with the horses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment