Monday, October 25, 2021

Molding nations

Reading: Jeremiah 17-18, Acts 18, and 2 Corinthians 10

Scripture: Jeremiah 18:6, O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.

Thoughts: Jeremiah just watched a potter working and reworking a lump of clay when God tells him that He (God) can do it with a nation. He does not tell us how he forms and reforms the nations. When we look at the history of Israel, how many times were they taken into captivity or nearly obliterated as a people. The nation of Israel was reestablished in 1948 after many conflicts. God’s hand had to be on this people nation who were able to retain their identity without a land to call their own. If God can mold nation like a potter molds clay, what can he do in your life if you let him? Open your heart to the change and molding He has for you.

Prayer: Father God, you are the potter and the refiner, you mold people and states and countries. I thank you that you are working ion my life, I thank you that you are leading and guiding your people. I thank you that you are molding and refining my life that I may walk in your ways. I ask that you open my heart and mind to the leading of your molding and that I may be your vessel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment