Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Following...

Reading: Jeremiah 19-20, Psalm 146, Acts 27, and 2 Corinthians 11

Scripture: Psalm 146:3-5, Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation. When his breath departs, he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish. Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God,

Thoughts: Here in The United States, more and more trust and reliance in the political leaders has been building to the point that there are those who blindly follow different groups. The Psalmist started praising God then moved into a warning about following a political leader, at the time they were kings and princes, today we have presidents and other politicians who are calling to be followed. Are our leaders following God or their own ambitions? Are we following God or men who’s ambitions, and plans will die with them? Get in the Word and seek God’s plans that will not fail or die.

Prayer: Lord God, you are the way and the truth, you are the one who lead and guides us. I thank you that you are here with us. I thank you that you are molding and guiding me and refining me to reflect you more. I ask that you help me to have discernment and understanding of the situation around me and that I may point to you as my provider. 

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I need this reminder often, it seems. Thank you my friend.

    ReplyDelete