Friday, August 27, 2021

You shall not prophesy.

 Reading: Amos 1-3 and Mark 4

 

Scripture: Amos 2:11-12, And I raised up some of your sons for prophets, and some of your young men for Nazirites. Is it not indeed so, O people of Israel?” declares the Lord. “But you made the Nazirites drink wine, and commanded the prophets, saying, ‘You shall not prophesy.’

 

Thoughts: God is always raising people up, calling and giving direction to ours lives. Just like in the times of Amos we are called to rolls, pastor, teacher, evangelist, or the even parent. There are so many how have been called to rolls in the life yet those around them are telling them that can’t or shouldn’t. Just like Israel was telling those who are going God’s work to stop and break the vows and promises that were made. We are called by God and we need to not listen to those who will take us from our calling yet we need to be sure that the calling we are walking is that of God. 

 

Prayer: Lord God Almighty, your creation shouts of your glory and majesty. I thank you that you are the creator of all and you have given me the ability to enjoy it. I thank you the you have been and continue to be molding and refining me. Help me to have discernment to see your calling and your direction. Help me to see when you are turning me and when the world is discouraging me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment