Sunday, August 15, 2021

Rejoice and be glad

Reading: 2 Kings 1, 2 Chronicles 18-19, Psalm 70, and Revelation 13

Scripture: Psalm 70:4-5, “May all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you! May those who love your salvation say evermore, “God is great!” But I am poor and needy; hasten to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay!

Thoughts: Over the last few days we have been reading in Kings and Chronicles about Ahab and how he was not listening to God through his true prophet, and in the end even without wearing his robes he was shot and killed by a random shot from a bow. Then in Psalm 70 David starts by crying out to God for deliverance from whatever was bothering him. Here in the end David promotes what Ahab didn’t do, saying to seek and rejoice in God. When we humble ourselves and seek God he is faithful to deliver us, it may not be the way we think it would be. Like at the beginning of 2020 I could not see how we would survive with my hours cut. But because of the reduces hours we got on assistance for medical and over the last year we have had two surgeries and one of the kids had seizures, that on our old insurance would have left us with huge medical bill but instead God allowed us to walk through a trial to get deliverance form other things. 

Prayer: Lord God, you are the one who is in control of all things, you own the cattle on a thousand hills. You are my provider and my strength. I thank you for the molding and refining you do in me. I ask that you pour your blessings our on us and help us to see your love every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment