Tuesday, August 31, 2021

What does your cross look like??

Reading: Isaiah 3-5 and Mark 8

Scripture: Mark 8:34, And calling the crowd to him with his disciples, he said to them, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Thoughts: As I read this passage this morning, I started thinking about what has happened to the cross over the last two thousand years. Today the cross is just another thing made into jewelry, tattoos, and t-shirts. We all have crosses we bear ether we recognize them and walk with God or we hand our chains from them. The cross that we are to take up, just like the cross that our savior carried, will not be beautiful, gold, or Dimond incrusted, it will be blood stained, rough, and quite ugly. God does not cause us to suffer or create the crosses that we carry, but in embracing God through the suffering he can transform that meager soapbox that we jump on, into a podium on a stage.

Prayer: Father God, I thank you that you are here with me, as I walk through valleys and carry my cross, you are there to help me to remove my chains and bear my burdens with me. Help me to see my cross with proper perspectives that I can point to you and give you the glory. I thank you for your provision and blessings and ask that you continue to lead me and guide me in your ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment