Sunday, August 15, 2021

Authority in the Lord.

Reading: 1 Kings 22, 2 Chronicles 17, Revelation 12, and Luke 22

Scripture: Luke 22:10-12, He said to them, “Behold, when you have entered the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him into the house that he enters and tell the master of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ And he will show you a large upper room furnished; prepare it there.”

Thoughts: Even with all the miracles and the teaching with authority that Jesus had done over the last three years, and all the things the disciples had experienced. I think that walking into a town watching and waiting for a man to great them carrying water, then to follow him and tell the master of the house the Teacher needs your guest room, would take lots of faith. I know that I struggle with sharing what God has done face to face with people. Yet we have been given that authority, when we are told go, we have the power and authority to go and do whatever it is that we were told to do. Seek God and listen to his leading and walk in the authority He gives you. 

Prayer: Father God you are the highest authority, you know all, and you walk with us through the trials of this life giving us the strength and endurance to get through. Through our trials and tribulations, you train us for the trials we are not yet in, you call us to walk in your ways and seek you. I thank you that you are molding and refining me through the fires of these trails and tribulation, I ask for the continued renewing of the strength you pour out on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment