Sunday, August 1, 2021

Evidence of whos children you are

Reading: Song of Solomon 5-8, Psalm 13, and 1 John 3

Scripture: 1 John 3:10, By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

Thoughts: In the previous verses John is bringing up those who practice righteousness and those who make a habit of sinning. Are we walking with the world and seeking their approval and their values or are we seeking God’s values? What evidence are we giving to the world, that what shows God love and righteousness or the evidence of our sinful life?

Prayer: Father God, you are the beginning and the end, your love overwhelms my soul. Your love sustains me, and your joy compels me. You are the giver of all things. You lead me and guide me, your loving hands mold me and make me. I ask that you help us seek you and not the approval of the world around us, your word says that they will hate us because they first hated you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment