Tuesday, August 17, 2021

That is too easy!!!

Reading: 2 Kings 5, 2 Chronicles 20, and Revelation 15-16

Scripture: 2 Kings 5:11-12, But Naaman was angry and went away, saying, “Behold, I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call upon the name of the Lord his God, and wave his hand over the place and cure the leper. Are not Abana and Pharpar, the rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? Could I not wash in them and be clean?” So he turned and went away in a rage.

Thoughts: I can see a lot of myself in both Naaman and Gahazi, in this section of scripture Naaman was expecting because of who he was and who sent him that he would get special treatment. I know that we all feel like we are worthy of special treatment. Naaman didn’t even get a face to face with Elisha he was just told go take a bath. I know that when I have been told go by God the going was the easy part, the arguing with myself on if to go was the struggle. By today’s standards the Jordan river there would have been clean, but Naaman felt the need to bash the quality of that river. Are we being told go do something, even something as simple as take a bath, and because it is not what we thought it should be or some great task, are we are hesitant or dismissive of what we heard God tell us to do? Open your heart to the God’s leading and even when it seems simple and silly. 

Prayer: Lord God, you are so wonderful, I thank you that you are always leading and guiding us. I thank you for all you are doing in my life, the molding and refining, the provisions and joy that you bless us with. I ask that you help us to hear your voice and walk in your calling no matter how simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment