Saturday, August 28, 2021

The end is near

 Reading: Amos 4-6 and Mark 5

 

Scripture: Amos 5:18-19,Woe to you who desire the day of the Lord! Why would you have the day of the Lord? It is darkness, and not light, as if a man fled from a lion, and a bear met him, or went into the house and leaned his hand against the wall, and a serpent bit him.

 

Thoughts: For much of my life, in many different Christian circles I have been hearing the end is near. And yes it is a n comparison to yesterday we are near to the end. The wars and rumors is wars are al around us and many call for the rapture a word not even in the Bible. Here Amos asked “Why are are week looking for the day of the lord, the end times?” Yes I have faith to know where I’m going when I die, and I know that things will be wonderful when God’s kingdom has been set up here on earth and that Heaven will be more than we can imagine, but we are told the day of the lord will be a dark and trying time and we don’t know how God’s plan will play out we just know God wins this war. What are we trying to call down on us. 

 

Prayer: Lord God, hallowed is your name and great is your majesty. You are so wonderful, and your plans and ways are so much higher and greater than mine are. I ask you to help me to do your work until you come or I’m taken home, let your plan rain and your glory be shout to the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment