Saturday, August 21, 2021

Sinking in the mire.

Reading: 2 Chronicles 22-23, Psalm 69, and Revelation 20

Scripture: Psalm 69:14-15, Deliver me from sinking in the mire; let me be delivered from my enemies and from the deep waters. Let not the flood sweep over me, or the deep swallow me up, or the pit close its mouth over me.

Thoughts: No matter where you stand on issues, there is always a sinking pit and enemies that will attack you. We all have a place were we are going to plant our flag and defend until our dying breath. When our focus moves from being centered on God and what He has called us to those battels and enemies can turn into these mires and pits that will suck us down. We are at war. Our battles are not with flesh and blood but spiritual forces and principalities. Let us focus on the Father and march in his calling that we can be the light to this dark world. 

Prayer: Father God, you are the beginning and the end, you are the one who gives us the power and authority to trample on scorpions. I thank you for your leading and guiding, I thank you for the blessings and provisions you are pouring out on us. I ask that you help us to remain focused on you and your leading that we can be your light into the fallen world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment