Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Stubbing your toe in the dark.

Reading: Ecclesiastes 2-4, 1 John 5, and Luke 17

Scripture: Ecclesiastes 2:14, The wise person has his eyes in his head, but the fool walks in darkness. And yet I perceived that the same event happens to all of them.

Thoughts: When you get up in the middle of the night to get a drink or something not wanting to blind yourself or wake the others in your home you make your way with the lights off and inevitably you find something with your pinky toe. Yet if we would have taken even a small light the likelihood of stubbing our toe would have diminished greatly. That is exactly what this passage is saying about being wise, we are all going to have trials and pains. There are going to be those like loosing a father or mother that we will all have to walk through at some point or others like miscarriage that only some know that pain. It is not about what pain we are walking through but how we walk through it. A wise person will walk through it leaning on God and others, where the fool will stumble through and may stub their toes along the way. Let us lean on God and gather around us that group of people who will walk through it with us. Find that Fox hole, Band of Brothers or Sisters, or your family (both biological and chosen), that will walk with you and point you to the father the one who gives you strength and comfort. 

Prayer: Father God, I crawl into your lap and seek your comfort, hold me in your embrace and pour your peace and joy over me, giving me your strength to overcome all that is before me. I thank you for all that you do I thank you that you are the one who provides all things, you lead and walk with me through the trials of this world. I thank you for the molding and refining you are doing in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment