Thursday, August 19, 2021

This is how I fight my battles!!!

Reading: 2 Kings 8, 2 Chronicles 21, Psalm 27, Revelation 18, and Luke 24

Scripture: Psalm 27:3-4, Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident. One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.

Thoughts: As Christ Followers we are called to be different from the world, we are to emulate and seek after Jesus every day of our lives. When we stand for the values and principles in the Word of God and take it as the Living Word of God that is Sharper than any two-edged sword (Hebrews 4:12), we will be attracted. We are at war; we may know the end results of this war but there are many battles that happen that are not talked about. David may have been talking about a physical war, but our war and battles are no less real. We are surrounded by the enemy and he is using every dirty trick to get us to turn from the battle plans of the Lord. Part of those battle plans are to strand firm in him and dwell in his temple. Be in the word every day, pray every day, as you go about the work you do, seek the Lord in what you are doing. And as Steven Curtis Chapman said in his song let us pray, “Let us pray without end and when we finish start again Like breathing out and breathing in, let us pray” 

Prayer: Father God, you are the Beginning and the End, you know the battle lines and the plans, you are the one who give us the strength to stand in mist of the battle. I thank you for all that you have done in my live preparing us for the current and future battles. I ask that you continue to pour your peace and love into me that I can pour it out on those around me. I come before you and bow myself before you oh Lord, May I dwell all my days in your temple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment