Thursday, April 1, 2021

Spiritually discerned

Reading: Numbers 7 and 1 Corinthians 2

 

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 2:14-16, The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

 

Thoughts: As natural beings and sinful by that nature we do not want to accept the spiritual world at war around us. The evil one working to keep our heads in the sand and unaware of the truth. I grew up not hearing about spiritual war in the churches my family attended. We talked about the miracles of Jesus and not our authority he gave us. We are in a spiritual war. I have started to understand the oppression the evil one if putting on this world. As I travel for work I can feel and see the differences there are places in my home state where you can feel held back in the spirit and others that the freedom does not hold you. When we open ourselves to the spiritual work of God our eyes and ears can become attuned to that world. May the Lord open your minds to perceive the war and fight. 

 

Prayer: Father, you are so wonderful, your grace is enough for me, your love overwhelmed my soul and your joy fills me. I thank you that you give us the ability to see, and to discern the war around us. Help us to walk in your battle plan and in your victory. Pour out your steadfast love upon us as we are tested and forgive us when we succumb to temptation. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment