Sunday, April 11, 2021

April 9 Serving?

Reading: Numbers 21, Psalm 49 and 1 Corinthians 10

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 10:31-33, So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God, just as I try to please everyone in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.

Thoughts: Seeking my own advantage, in a societal climate of everyone seeming to be out for themselves and “what do I get out of it?” attitudes, many are just trying to find a way to get something out of the things we do. When you do all for the glory of God and do it in a way that will open peoples eyes to salvation through Jesus, the floodgates of heaven will open and we set ourselves up in a place to receive. Let us not be concerned with the things of man but with the things of heaven. 

Prayer: Father, I thank you that you are helping us to not bring offence to anyone and that we can bring your love and joy to those we interact with. Open my eyes to see the next steps, lead me to where you call me to be that I may serve there you call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment