Tuesday, April 20, 2021

April 17 Correcting in love

Reading: Numbers 33, Psalm 65, 2 Corinthians 2, and Mark 7

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 2:4, For I wrote to you out of much affliction and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to cause you pain but to let you know the abundant love that I have for you. 

Thoughts: As brothers and sisters in Christ, we are called to bear one another’s burdens and to exhort one another. What I got out of what Paul was saying to the Corinthians was as much as it hurts you to be corrected I’m going through great pains needing to do the corrections. Further more this correction was not done to just hurt then but to show them God’s love. Are we coming to our brothers and sisters in love and in a way that will help them to grow in their relationship with God or are we doing it to point fingers and make ourselves feel better. Let us lift up one another in love and exhort each other.

Prayer: Father, your love is so wonderful, you overwhelm me with the care you have for me and the grace you pour out. I ask that you help me to overcome the desires to tear someone down because of something done but instead to help them to rise and grow deeper with you through the correction and help that any correction made are from you and glorifying you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment