Tuesday, April 13, 2021

April 10 Changing God's mind!!

Reading: Numbers 22, Psalm 84, 1 Corinthians 11, and Mark 5

Scripture: Numbers 22:18-19, But Balaam answered and said to the servants of Balak, “Though Balak were to give me his house full of silver and gold, I could not go beyond the command of the Lord my God to do less or more. So you, too, please stay here tonight, that I may know what more the Lord will say to me.”

Thoughts: I don’t know how many times I have come back to God trying to get a different answer. Balaam went back to God even though he had the answer from before and he even reminded the servants of Balak that he can not do more than God will let him. What we need to remember, and I struggle with it is that even though we have chosen God and he washed us, Romans 1:24 leads me to the idea that we could be given over to our desires if we are not continuously seeking him. As much as Balaam was obeying God he was also had his own desires at heart too. The want of power, fame and money are some of the biggest trails for us all. Are we going back to God going “I need, I need, I want, I want” instead of not my will but yours be done? 

Prayer: Father, you are the great provider, you make sure all our needs are met. I thank you for all that you do and all that you are working in and around me. I ask that you help me to set aside my desires and seek after you and your will. Father help me to be a good steward of that witch you place before me. lead me and guide me in your ways and lead me to be the man you have called me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment