Saturday, April 24, 2021

April 23 Not in my own strength.

Reading: Deuteronomy 9-10, Psalm 143, 2 Corinthians 8, and Mark 10

Scripture: Deuteronomy 9:4, Do not say in your heart, after the Lord your God has thrust them out before you, ‘It is because of my righteousness that the Lord has brought me in to possess this land,’ whereas it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the Lord is driving them out before you.

Thoughts: I had recently been convicted in my spirit about pride in my life, the things that I overcame to get to where I am now. For a long time I had that pride of this accomplishment thinking that I did it in my own strength and in my own power. God gave me the ability to do what I did, to understand who I was and how I work that I could work through the things that held me back and strive forward in my accomplishments. It is not by my strength nor by my might but by his Spirit that I have overcome.

Prayer: Father you are our strength, you are how we overcome. We are nothing without you. I thank you that you are for us and not against us. You lead us and guide us, you help us to see the truth and overcome not only the trials of this world but the trials that we build ourselves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment