Saturday, March 9, 2019

March 9th Too Much, Too Much!!!!!!


Reading: Exodus 36-37 and Romans 16

Scripture: Exodus 36:3-5, And they received from Moses all the contribution that the people of Israel had brought for doing the work on the sanctuary. They still kept bringing him freewill offerings every morning, so that all the craftsmen who were doing every sort of task on the sanctuary came, each from the task that he was doing, and said to Moses, "The people bring much more than enough for doing the work that the Lord has commanded us to do."

Thoughts: Many out there think I’m too poor to give or the rich can give, especially when it comes to giving to the church. The staggering numbers of 10-25 percent of a congregation tithes. After Moses lead Israel out of Egypt they asked for the donations to build the Tabernacle. The Tabernacle as elaborate and ornate as it and it’s furnishings were it was just a tent for God. Moses asked for a free will offering of all the things needed for building the Tabernacle and after a time the workers came to Moses and said, “We have too much” and Moses had to go to the people and tell them to stop giving. Where is giving heart that God calls us to have today. We (Americans) are one of the richest nations in the world. I know I struggle with the idea that I don’t have a newer car and I live paycheck to paycheck but God takes care of me and he is the reason I have the things I do. A loving family, a home and transportation to where I need to go. We are so rich and need to share that with other. God says to test him many times to in both the old and new testaments but the one that always sticks out to me is Malachi 3:10, “Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.” As we give the 10th of what we bring in to God, He will make that 90% go further then we could make it go. Dave Ramsey and many others suggest Tithe, Save, then Live. My pastor also puts is this way “God First Life Second. Place God in the correct place in your life. God wants us to have an abundantly overflowing life with him. 

Prayer: Father I thank you for the wisdom and directions you give me with the finances and time. I thank you got placing people in my life that pour your love and wisdom into me and I get the opportunity to do the same for others. I long to share more then I need to live on, I ask that you continue to guide and give wisdom in how to give more and use less. As it have been said before all is yours God and we are the stewards of what you give us. Let us be the servant that grows your talents and not the one who hides it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment