Wednesday, March 20, 2019

March 20th 2019 Waiting

Reading: Leviticus 16-17 and John 11

Scripture: John 11:5-6, Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. So, when he heard that Lazarus was ill, he stayed two days longer in the place where he was.

Thoughts: For most of my life when I would hear this passage I was confused because, if Jesus loved Lazarus even as much as humanly possible, wouldn’t he do everything in his power to fix the problem. Just as we would do everything we can to help a sick or dying family member or friend. But it said he stayed two more days. I struggled with this but this morning the thought that knowing if he was there he would have done something just as any of us would. Knowing the Glory that would point to the Father and prophecies that it would fulfill. Jesus was about his Fathers work even in waiting. God’s timing is nearly never our timing. When we are asked to move we need to go but when we are asked to wait we must wait God has a plan and we don’t get the entire map because something that looks like a detour now may be the refining we need for later.

Prayer: Father I thank you for refining me. I thank you for the blessings and provisions you pour out and the give us the opportunities to share you blessings with others. I ask for your directions and purpose for this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment