Sunday, March 10, 2019

March 10th God Shaped Hole

Reading: Exodus 38-39 and John 1

Scripture: John 1:38, Jesus turned and saw them following and said to them, "What are you seeking?" And they said to him, "Rabbi" (which means Teacher), "where are you staying?"

Thoughts: How do we answer the question “What are you seeking?” I know that during my life I  have had times that what I was seeking was just something to fill a hole that I didn’t know what shape it took. There was times for going to drugs, alcohol, and relationships to try to fill that hole. Later I learned that I know what fit in that hole. Growing up in the church I had the answer and after a time and going through hard times I took that God shaped puzzle piece and put it on a shelf, and proceed to try to fill it with things of the world. After about 12 years of running and not listening to what God had for me I herd him again. I finished Bible college 15 years after high school I have a wonderful God centered wife and family. I have one question, Do you know where Jesus is staying tonight?

Prayer: Father, I thank you for always seeking me and pursuing me. I am in awe of the love you have for me even when I place you on a shelf and walk away. I thank you for the provision and blessings you pour out on us each day and how you take care of us and touch our lives. I ask that you continue to open my eyes and ears to your purpose and your direction for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment