Wednesday, March 27, 2019

March 27, 2019 Step by Step you lead me

Reading: Numbers 1 and John 18

Scripture: Numbers 1:45-46, So all those listed of the people of Israel, by their fathers' houses, from twenty years old and upward, every man able to go to war in Israel all those listed were 603,550.

Thoughts: In one of the most boring and mundane books of the Bible, what will be come a list of men and their sons we get here we start with we have 603,550 men who are able to go to war. So I love the magnitude of the number of people who would be in this people group as they are traveling through the desert. We start with the fighting men then their wives and conservatively we will say that they have 2 kids (being that some of the fighting men sons my be fighting men).  Being that for a few years Pharaoh killed all the male children for a time and we are not counting the levites at all we are looking at a group of people about 2.4 million people traveling in the desert. It astounds me to think about what it would take to move a city the size of LA or Chicago (population 2.5 million). Not only is it next to impossible under human standers during this time they were creating the Tabernacle and fallowing every time the pillar of God would move or settle. God’s nation of Israel was able to listen and travel not knowing where they were going and relying on God for the Mana each day to live why can’t we do the same?

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful. I thank you for the blessings and the provisions that you give us each day. I am amazed by the how you brought your people out of Egypt and us out of the muck of our lives and yet we still will turn to other things. I thank you for the vision of a direction in my life. I see to know more and ask for the refining that is needed and the light to the next step in this direction. I long to be deeper in love with you and striving in your will. Open my eyes to the next step and help me to have the strength and fortitude to fallow your leading.

No comments:

Post a Comment